Hello, we all go through times when we need someone to talk to. Sometimes our friends aren’t around or we have specific concerns they can’t answer.
We’ve listed below some support agencies that you might wish to make use of, especially during this time of staying at home.
- Age UK Coronavirus Support Service for elderly people across Lancashire but primarily within Preston, Chorley, South Ribble and the Fylde Coast Coronavirus Helpline: (01772) 552850 (Option Zero) https://www.ageisjustanumber.org.uk/covid-19-referral/
- Every Mind Matters is here to help you manage and maintain your mental health, as good mental health makes such a difference. It helps us to relax more, achieve more and enjoy our lives more. We all go through ups and downs in life, and experience life changes that can affect our mental health. Every Mind Matters gives you simple and practical advice to get a healthier mind and get more out of life – from how to deal with stress and anxiety, to boosting our mood or sleeping better. It will help you spot the signs of common mental health conditions, get personalised practical self-care tips and information on further support. You’ll also learn about what you can do to help others. https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/about-one-you/
- Anxiety UK A charity providing support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition. Phone: 03444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 5.30pm) Website: www.anxietyuk.org.uk
- Men’s Health Forum : 24/7 stress support for men by text, chat and email. Website: www.menshealthforum.org.uk
- Rethink Mental Illness : Support and advice for people living with mental illness. Phone: 0300 5000 927 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 4pm) Website: www.rethink.org
- Samaritans : Confidential support for people experiencing feelings of distress or despair. Phone: 116 123 (free 24-hour helpline) Website: www.samaritans.org.uk
- SANE: Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers. SANEline: 0300 304 7000 (daily, 4.30pm to 10.30pm) Textcare: comfort and care via text message, sent when the person needs it most: www.sane.org.uk/textcare Peer support forum: www.sane.org.uk/supportforum Website: www.sane.org.uk/support
- YoungMinds: Information on child and adolescent mental health. Services for parents and professionals. Phone: Parents’ helpline 0808 802 5544 (Monday to Fri, 9.30am to 4pm) Website: www.youngminds.org.uk
- Silver Line: The Silver Line is the only free confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Call us ANYTIME on: 0800 4 70 80 90
- Shelter: Visit our coronavirus and housing information page for advice on your rights https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help Call 08088 004444
- Local Businesses : Sarah Page, managing director of Plumbs, said: ‘Over the last 60 years, Lancashire has been home to our family and our business and, in challenging times such as these, it’s time for us to support the community in return. “We will do our best to provide upbeat conversation, serving as a bridge to the outside world for those who may not have anyone else at this time.” To get in touch with Plumbs, call 01772 901513 between 9am and 5pm from Monday to Friday. Opening hours may change, so check the Plumbs website for more information https://www.plumbs.co.uk
- Elefriends is a supportive online community where you can be yourself. We all know what it’s like to struggle sometimes, but now there’s a safe place to listen, share and be heard. https://www.elefriends.org.uk/